Integration of an External XProc Engine
The Javadoc documentation of the XProc API is available for download from the application website as a zip file xprocAPI.zip.
To create an XProc integration project, follow these steps:
- Move the oxygen.jar file from [OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR]/lib to the lib folder of your project.
- Implement the ro.sync.xml.transformer.xproc.api.XProcTransformerInterface interface.
- Create a Java archive (jar) from the classes you created.
Create a engine.xml file according with the
engine.dtd file. The attributes of the
engineelement are as follows:
- name - The name of the XProc engine.
- description - A short description of the XProc engine.
- class - The complete name of the class that implements ro.sync.xml.transformer.xproc.api.XProcTransformerInterface.
- version - The version of the integration.
- engineVersion - The version of the integrated engine.
- vendor - The name of the vendor / implementer.
- supportsValidation - true if the engine supports validation (otherwise, false).
engineelement has only one child,
runtimeelement contains several
libraryelements with the
nameattribute containing the relative or absolute location of the libraries necessary to run this integration.
- Create a folder with the name of the integration in the [OXYGEN_INSTALL_DIR]/lib/xproc.
- Place the engine.xml and all the libraries necessary to run the new integration in that folder.