How to Configure a MarkLogic Connection
Available in the Enterprise edition only.
Note: Oxygen XML Developer supports MarkLogic version 4.0 or later.
To configure a connection to a MarkLogic database, follow these steps:
- Open the Preferences dialog box and go to Data Sources.
- Click the New button in the Connections panel.
- Enter a unique name for the connection.
- Select one of the previously configured data sources from the Data Source drop-down menu.
Enter the connection details.
The host name or IP address of the installed MarkLogic engine in the
XDBC Host field.
Oxygen XML Developer uses XCC connector to interact with MarkLogic XDBC server and requires the basic authentication schema to be set. Starting with version MarkLogic 4.0 the default authentication method when you create an HTTP or WebDAV Server is digest, so make sure to change it to basic.
- Set the port number of the MarkLogic engine in the Port field. A MarkLogic XDBC application server must be configured on the server on this port. This XDBC server will be used to process XQuery expressions against the server. Later, if you want to change the XDBC server, instead of editing the configuration just use the Use it to execute queries action from Data Source Explorer.
- Set the user name to access the MarkLogic engine in the User field.
- Set the password to access the MarkLogic engine in the Password field.
Optionally set the URL used for browsing the MarkLogic database in the
Data Source Explorer view in the WebDAV
The Database field specifies the database for which the XQuery expressions are executed. If you set this option to default, the database associated to the application server of the configured port is used.
- The host name or IP address of the installed MarkLogic engine in the XDBC Host field.
- Click the OK button to finish the connection configuration.