You can configure the toolbars in Oxygen XML Developer to personalize the interface for
your specific needs. You can choose which toolbars to show or hide in the current editor mode
(Text, Design, or Grid) and in the current
perspective (Editor, XSLT
Debugger, XQuery Debugger, or
Databse). You can also choose which actions to display in each
toolbar, add actions to toolbars, and customize the layout of the toolbars.
To configure the toolbars, open the Configure Toolbars
dialog box by
doing one of the following:
Figure: Configure Toolbars Dialog Box
The Configure Toolbars
dialog box provides the following features:
- Filter Text Box
- You can use the filter text box at the top of the dialog box to search for a specific
toolbar or action.
- Show or Hide Toolbars
- You can choose whether to show or hide a toolbar by using the checkbox next to the
toolbar name. This checkbox is only available for toolbars that are available for the
current perspective and editing mode.
- Show or Hide Actions in a Toolbar
- To show or hide actions in a toolbar, expand it by clicking the arrow next to the
toolbar name, then use the checkbox to select or deselect the appropriate actions. The
toolbar configuration changes in the Preview column according to
- Add Actions to a Toolbar
- Use the Add Actions button to open the Add
Actions dialog box that displays all the actions that can be added to any
of the toolbars, with the exception of those that are contributed from frameworks
(document type associations) or 3rd party plugins.
- Remove Actions from a Toolbar
- You can remove actions that you have previously added to toolbars by using the
Remove Action button.
- Move Actions in a Toolbar
- Use the Move Up and Move Down actions to
change the order of the actions in a toolbar.
The Configure Toolbars dialog box also provides a variety of other
ways to customize the layout in Oxygen XML Developer.
- Customize My Toolbar
- You can customize the My Toolbar to include your most commonly
used actions. By default, this toolbar is listed first. Also, it is hidden until you add
actions to it and you can easily hide it with the Hide "My Toolbar"
Toolbar action that is available when you right-click anywhere in the
- Drop-down Menu Actions
- Composite actions that are usually displayed as a drop-down menu can only be selected
in one toolbar at a time. These actions are displayed in the Configure
Toolbars dialog box with the name in brackets.
- Configure External Tools Action
- There is a Configure external tools composite action that appears in the toolbar
called Tools. It is a drop-down menu that contains any external
tools that are configured in the External Tools preferences
Note: If no external tools are configured, this drop-down menu is not shown in
Additional actions are available from the Window menu or contextual
menu when invoked from a toolbar that allows you to further customize your layout. These
- Reset Toolbars
- To reset the layout of toolbars to the default setting, select the Reset
Toolbars action from the contextual menu or Window
- Reset Layout
- To reset the entire layout (including toolbars, editing modes, views, etc.) to the
default setting, select Reset Layout from the contextual menu or
- Export Layout
- You can use the Export Layout action that is available in the
Window menu to export the entire layout of the application to
share it with other users.
- Hide Toolbars
- You can use the Hide Toolbar action from the contextual menu to
easily hide a displayed toolbar. When you right-click a toolbar it will be highlighted
to show you which actions are included in that toolbar.