The Text mode of the XML editor provides the following document
(also available on the contextual menu of the editor
panel) - Moves the cursor to the definition of the current element or attribute in
the schema (DTD, XML Schema, Relax NG schema) associated with the edited XML document. In
case the current attribute is "type" belonging to the "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" namespace, the cursor
is moved in the XML schema, to the definition of the type referred in the value of the
Alternatively you can use any of the following shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Shift+Enter on your keyboard;
- press and hold Ctrl
(Meta on Mac OS) and click an element
or attribute name.
- Copies the XPath expression of the current element or attribute
from the current editor to the clipboard.
- Moves the cursor to the end tag that matches the start tag, or vice
- Moves the cursor to the end of the next tag.
- Moves the cursor to the end of the previous tag.
instruction at the beginning of the document referencing either an XSLT or a CSS
file depending on the user selection. Either reference is useful for rendering
the document in a Web browser when the action Open in
browser is executed. Referencing the XSLT file is also useful
for automatic detection of the XSLT stylesheet when there is no scenario
associated with the current document.
- Inserts an
When associating the CSS stylesheet, the user can also specify a title for it if
it is an alternate one. Setting a Title for the CSS makes it the author's
preferred stylesheet. Selecting the Alternate checkbox
makes the CSS an alternate stylesheet.
Oxygen XML Developer fully
implements the W3C recommendation regarding Associating Style Sheets with XML documents. See also Specifying external style sheets in
You can use the Ctrl + Click
on Mac OS) action to
- any absolute URLs (URLs that have a protocol) regardless of their location in
- URI attributes such as: schemaLocation,
noNamespaceSchemaLocation, href and others;
- processing instructions used for associating resources, xml-models,