Re: [xsl] Dump name and value of all input parameters to an output file

Subject: Re: [xsl] Dump name and value of all input parameters to an output file
From: "David Carlisle d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 10:26:32 -0000

On 10 September 2015 at 10:48, Jorge . chocolate.camera@xxxxxxxxx
> Is there a way to get the names and values of all parameters passed to
> an XSLT transformation? I would like to be able to dump all of them to
> a file during the transformation itself without having to hardcode
> their names in the XSL fragment that outputs the file.
>
> I am using Saxon-HE 9.2.1.2J and XSLT 2.0. I refer specifically to
> custom parameters passed to the stylesheet from the command-line like
> "FOO=bar" in:
>
> java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:transform.xsl -it:main 'FOO=bar'

xslt scoping rules mean that all parameters that you access as $FOO
must be declared in the stylesheet.

However you can change your syntax a bit and have a list of values in
a single paramter

java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:transform.xsl -it:main 'params=FOO:bar,
ZZZ:baz, GRRR:www'

then you just have a singe parameter $params to declare and a bit of
string processing with
tokenize($params,',\s*') will split up the list for you to handle in
the template where needed.

David