[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date]

[xsl] Using doc( ) to get a second input file


Subject: [xsl] Using doc( ) to get a second input file
From: "Craig Sampson craig.sampson@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 20:15:07 -0000

Hi All,
  I am trying to use the doc( ) function, in XSLT 2.0, to get a second input
file in one of my transforms. The primary input contains an element
"refActionSet" that triggers the logic to fetch the second input.

  Within that template I do:

        <xsl:variable name="myActionSet"
          select="doc('file://sashq/root/pub/pubs_xiswork/sascrs/prod/v16/ecl
ipse/workspace/castest/xml/actions.xml')"/>

  Which is successfully getting the second file. I know this because I can
write out to the log the contents of the file and I see the text (no markup).

  But when I try to process this second file using:

        <xsl:apply-templates select="$myActionSet"/>

  My transform fails due to the root element template being executed a second
time. In the root template I setup some java extension processes that can only
be run once so the second time through they cause the transform to fail.

  I've tried to solve the problem two different ways, but neither works. First
I tried adding a xpath specification to the doc function so that the returned
XML would start at the element I was interested in, like so:

        <xsl:variable name="myActionSet"
          select="doc('file://sashq/root/pub/pubs_xiswork/sascrs/prod/v16/ecl
ipse/workspace/castest/xml/actions.xml')//actionSet[@id='abc']"/>

but that caused the function to fail and not fetch the second file. I also
tried a fragment specification "#actionSet" but this also failed.

  I then tried to kick the second input files root element out of my root
template with a test for ancestor-or-self::casActions and a test for
descendant-or-self::casActions. But neither of these tests worked on the
fetched second file.

  Any help would be appreciated in solving this problem.


Here's a few lines from the second input file that I am trying to process. It
does have a namespace and I wonder if that could be part of the problem since
my first input file is in no namespace.


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<casActions version="1.0" xml:lang="en"
xmlns="http://www.sas.com/xml/namespace/sas_doc_cas_actions-1.0" date="Tue Apr
14 07:31:01 2015" branch="v9cas">
   <actionSet id="cas.tkds1" date="Mon Apr 13 22:18:33 2015" name="tkds1"
dvdname="cas" scriptname="tkds1" prmname="tkds1">
      <label id="cas.tkds1.__label" key="TKDS1_LABEL_LIBRARY" dvd="cas"
msgfile="tkmds1">DATA Step</label>
      <action id="cas.tkds1.execPgm" name="execPgm" entry="execpgm">
         <label id="cas.tkds1.execPgm.__label" key="TKDS1_LABEL_EXECPGM"
dvd="cas" msgfile="tkmds1">Execute DATA Step</label>


Thanks for the help,
  Craig

BTW I follow this list in the daily digest so I won't see any responses till
tomorrow unless you copy me in your response to the list.
My email is: craig.sampson@xxxxxxx<mailto:craig.sampson@xxxxxxx>


Current Thread
Keywords