Re: [xsl] Saxon Div Issue

Subject: Re: [xsl] Saxon Div Issue
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 16:52:32 -0000

So Solution is to do :
 <xsl:variable name="num" select="xs:decimal(/xpath/num)"/>
?

Yes ... Martin already guided you accordingly ... I was trying to help you with your terminology and understanding of why Martin suggested what he did:

http://markmail.org/message/3axf5ajrkzvyossv

One caveat, though, is that that code assumes you have a single <num> element. If you have many <num> elements then the cast must happen on each one, not as above:

<xsl:variable name="nums" select="/xpath/num/xs:decimal(.)"/>

But that is not needed in your example since you only asked for one number ... I'm just trying to anticipate what problems you might experience.

I hope this is helpful.

-- Check our site for free XML, XSLT, XSL-FO and UBL developer resources | Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/video.htm | Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ | G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Google+ profile: http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about | Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |