Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 JSON processing -- a few comments from a friend

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 JSON processing -- a few comments from a friend
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 07:45:56 -0000

> I am part of the group of programmers who find the current XML
> representation of JSON rather stressful.
>
> Therefore a wish for a compromise:
>
>            Could a second function be added that alongside with
> json-to-xml(), would convert JSON to a map?

This function exists in XPath 3.1, but as I said, it depends on the addition
of arrays to the data model.

We may yet switch XSLT 3.0 to use XPath 3.1 rather than XPath 3.0. There has
been reluctance to do this in the past because no-one on the XSLT side
believed that XPath 3.1 would take less than the usual 7 years, but there are
encouraging signs that it will be finished during 2015, so this objection may
yet disappear.

Michael Kay
Saxonica