[xsl] How to get XSL style sheet to ignore a setting in an XML file

Subject: [xsl] How to get XSL style sheet to ignore a setting in an XML file
From: "Catherine Wilbur cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 20:22:02 -0000

First line of my XML file has the following information in it.

<payment_data xmlns="http://com/exlibris/repository/acq/invoice/xmlbeans"

Style sheet will not process the xsl conversion logic until I remove the
following from the the above line in my XML file
         xmlns="http://com/exlibris/repository/acq/invoice/xmlbeans"

This is logic at very top of my style sheet

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
        xmlns:fn="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-functions"
        xmlns:xdt="http://www.w3.org/2005/xpath-datatypes"
        xmlns:err="http://www.w3.org/2005/xqt-errors"
        exclude-result-prefixes="xs xdt err fn"

        <xsl:output method="text" indent="no"/>

1)  How do I ask the style sheet to ignore the "xmlns="?
2)  Is there a way to remove it if it is in there?
3)  Might be able to ask company to remove it?

As soon as I copy the XML to new file name and remove that section of code
then the file gets converted by the style sheet.

Has anyone encountered this problem before?
Catherine Wilbur  |  Senior Application Programmer  |  IT Services
401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor ON Canada  N9B 3P4
(T) 519.253.3000 Ext. 2745  |  (F) 519.973.7083  |  (E)
cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.uwindsor.ca/its