[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date]

Re: [xsl] Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT stylesheet:


Subject: Re: [xsl] Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred loading an XSLT stylesheet:
From: "Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:07:14 -0000

Looking at the XSLT, it strikes me as curious that the namespace prefixes
xsl and xd are used in that file but not defined. This may or may not be
the cause of the error, but I don't think it's going to work.
-W

On 24 September 2014 17:49, Michele R Combs mrrothen@xxxxxxx <
xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  I am guessing that it's a "same origin policy" issue.  Your XML and XSL
> are on different servers.  FF has some built-in security features that
> don't allow that.  See
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3420513/firefox-and-remote-xsl-stylesheets
> for more.  When I open the .xsd file in IE using the mlhim URL for the
> stylesheet it works fine.
>
>
>
> Just FYI, I don't think the github URL will ever work because github
> renders the page in with line numbers, sign-in and search boxes, etc., not
> as raw XSL.  When I open the .xsd file in IE using the github URL for the
> stylesheet I get this:
>
>
>
> "The XML page cannot be displayed - Cannot view XML input using XSL style
> sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try
> again later. -  The stylesheet does not contain a document element. The
> stylesheet may be empty, or it may not be a well-formed XML documen...
>
>
>
> Michele
>
>
>
> *From:* Timothy W. Cook tim@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:
> xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, September 24, 2014 11:26 AM
> *To:* xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> *Subject:* [xsl] Error loading stylesheet: A network error occurred
> loading an XSLT stylesheet:
>
>
>
>
>
> I am getting the above error in Firefox 32.0, in Chrome Version
> 37.0.2062.120 I get a blank page but show page source displays the XML file
> (it is a schema).
>
> The details are that this is a stylesheet that I am developing and when I
> reference it locally, it is working as expected. Adding the reference to
> the schema from the website copy causes this error.
>
> The stylesheet is located
> http://www.mlhim.org/xmlns/mlhim2/2_4_5/ccd-description.xsl
>
> An example of the source schema files is here:
> https://github.com/mlhim/specs/blob/2_4_5/2_4_5/examples/Care_CCD_245.xsd
>
> They do not have the reference to the style sheet (yet) but adding:
>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="http://www.mlhim.org/xmlns/mlhim2/2_4_5/ccd-description.xsl"?>
>
>  to one of those schemas should display the problem.
>
>
>
> I will add that the website is hosted by github and the full URL to the
> stylesheet is
> https://github.com/mlhim/mlhim.github.io/blob/master/xmlns/mlhim2/2_4_5/ccd-description.xsl
>
>
> But even using that I get an 'unknown error'.
>
> I know that GitHub redirects www.mlhim.org to mlhim.org But changing the
> reference to not use the 'www' also gives me a network error.
>
> I am posting this here in case there is something I am doing wrong in
> referencing the stylesheet.
>
> This is my first foray into XSL transformations.
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim
>
>
>
>
> ============================================
> Timothy Cook
> LinkedIn Profile:http://www.linkedin.com/in/timothywaynecook
>
> MLHIM http://www.mlhim.org
>
>
>
> XSL-List info and archive <http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list>
>
> EasyUnsubscribe <http://-list/1127818> (by email)
>     XSL-List info and archive <http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list>
> EasyUnsubscribe <-list/528976> (by
> email <>)


Current Thread
Keywords