[XSL-LIST Mailing List Archive Home] [By Thread] [By Date]

Re: [xsl] namespace problem


Subject: Re: [xsl] namespace problem
From: "Ruud Grosmann r.grosmann@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 07:15:21 -0000

Hi Wolfgang,

thanks for your reaction

On 09/03/14 17:37, Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
You need to match a document that has elements <doc>, <p>, <Char> that are
in *no namespace*, where the name has no namespace name, just a locsl name.
Your output document is supposed to be in the namespace "
http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml", and you'd like to use the shortened notation
known as *default namespace*. In the 2nd version of your XSLT you introduce
a default namespace, and, sure enough, the matches written without a prefix
aren't in the no namespace ghetto any more.

That puzzles me a bit, because templates p and Char *do* match. The difference is the char template, the char elements are now part of the documentnode in the blip variable.
I tried to change the namespace of that documentnode, but up till now, I have not succeeded.



You may, however, at any time cancel the definition for the default
namespace by writing

xmlns=""

and everything below that has no prefix hasn't a namespace name either.


Assuming this has to be added to a template match, I tried this:


  <xsl:template xmlns='' match='char' mode='#all'>
    <c><xsl:apply-templates /></c>
  </xsl:template>

But that does not work either, nor when I change that to the xhtml namespace.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Thanks for the explanation; I realize more and more it is essential to have a good understanding of namespaces...

regards, Ruud


Current Thread
Keywords