Re: [xsl] Debugging

Subject: Re: [xsl] Debugging
From: "Abel Braaksma (Exselt) abel@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 09:42:55 -0000

The specification does not state it literally, but the fn:trace function is
listed under "3.2 Diagnostic tracing" and its destination and output format
are implementation dependent, so one would guess that an XPath processor would
give you an option to switch tracing on and off from the commandline or
through other means (if switched off, it becomes a no-op). This would be
similar to xsl:assert in XSLT 3.0, for which a processor must provide a means
to switch it on or off.

Alternatively, you could redirect the output to a trace listener that does
nothing if in release build.

Cheers,

Abel Braaksma
Exselt streaming XSLT 3.0 processor