Re: [xsl] When to use conditional constructions?

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use conditional constructions?
From: Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 09:44:52 -0700

Sure, this can be done.

And for if .. then .. else :

( exprResultIf [condition],  exprResultElse [not(condition)] )  [1]

I believe it should be possible to write a tool that takes as input a
given XSLT transformation (and as part of this a given XPath
expression) and converts it to equivalent code, in which any
conditionals are eliminated.

We could also add a good code-formatter that takes the output of the
first tool and converts it to "well-formatted code".

The last tool should be highly configurable, as there are different tastes.

Cheers,
Dimitre

--
Cheers,