Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World - outreach

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World - outreach
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 21:15:55 -0400

On Wed, 2014-03-26 at 22:27 +0000, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
[...]
> To the issue of "suckitude". My view is that this technology has alot
> more applicability in more domains and presented correctly will appeal
> to more palates. Everywhere there is  suckitude there is opportunity
> so my response is not meh!

"correctly" suggests an objectivity I don't believe in, but I do agree
that more could be done to promote XSLT, XPath and XQuery.

Do you have any concrete ideas?

I'm open to everything from events to wiki pages to XML socks to web
sites to social media campaigns, but previous attempts to do this within
the W3C working groups didn't work out very well, for a variety of
reasons. The biggest reason is that we tend to get engineers and
developers rather than outreach, marketing and education people in the
Working Groups, of course. But we can have community groups, and things
are indeed done in other places.

Ideas welcome.

Liam

The barefoot typographer