Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 13:56:22 -0400

Ihe,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Don't get me wrong: I want XML/XSLT to grow and flourish. On the other
>> hand, I don't have to think Javascript and JSON are bad things. On the
>> contrary, I think they help to relieve the pressure on XML/XSLT to be
>> everything to everybody.
>
> If it's a positive choice - JSON is right for my project. Fine.
>
> If it's a negative choice - XML/XSLT sucks therefore I choose json...
> then it's not a good thing.
>
> Note it's not just Ja/Js. it could be Py/XML Ruby/XML. Same
> considerations apply.

Quite so. Similarly, it could be Java, C++ or (gasp)
HTML/CSS/Javascript/JSON instead of XML/XSLT in your "[X] sucks"
declaration.

Somehow we look at the same things, yet they (and not I) live in a
world of suckitude. Since these people are their own worst enemies, I
don't know what I can do to help them.

And even if I could, it wouldn't be on topic here. "Things about XSLT
people find bothersome" is one thing. "People who are bothered by any
old thing" is another. Technologies have foibles. Whatever. Entire
books have been written about what not to do in Javascript so it
doesn't suck. Thankfully, those long and tangled threads belong on
another list.

Cheers, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables