Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT Hello World
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 11:20:33 -0400

Dear Ihe,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 11:01 AM, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> thats you.
>
> many others said sod this i'm going to use javascript and json for any
> number of reasons that have been expressed in this thread.

The way you phrase that, I get the impression you think that's a
terrible thing, or that I should think it's a terrible thing.

Don't get me wrong: I want XML/XSLT to grow and flourish. On the other
hand, I don't have to think Javascript and JSON are bad things. On the
contrary, I think they help to relieve the pressure on XML/XSLT to be
everything to everybody.

Choosing a technology is really just choosing which set of problems
you want to live with.

Cheers, Wendell

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables