Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: Graydon <graydon@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:03:38 -0400

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 04:38:55PM +0000, Ihe Onwuka scripsit:
> I am arguing against RTFM as a stock response.
>
> There are times when it is definitely appropriate, but  I don't think
> this is one of them.

"What are the node types used in XML, and how are they defined?" isn't a
question where anyone can be expected to intuit a correct answer.

That's what you'd have to do to understand that "text()" means by
inspection.

It _looks_ simple, but, well, the perl dot operator looks simple, too.

-- Graydon