Re: [xsl] When to use text()

Subject: Re: [xsl] When to use text()
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:38:16 -0400

At 2014-03-21 15:03 +0000, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:20 PM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> To gloss Mike ...
>
> Yes, text() is over-used and commonly misused.

I wouldn't be blaming the programmers for that.

When you step back, it is clear from all the explanations given, that
the thing doesn't do what it says on the tin.

You have to defend that statement ... nothing seems ambiguous to me. I would hate to think that readers of the archive might believe what you say in this regard.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL & code list classes: Melbourne, AU May 2014 | Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training | Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm | Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ | G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Google+ profile: http://plus.google.com/+GKenHolman-Crane/about | Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal |

--- This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active. http://www.avast.com