[xsl] Escaped canonical XML?

Subject: [xsl] Escaped canonical XML?
From: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 17:16:17 +0100

Hey,

I have a stylesheet that transforms TEI to TriX, which is currently
the only (and non-standard) XML serialization for RDF datasets with
named graphs [1].

The issue is that TriX format expects escaped XML literals, while RDF
data model expects canonical XML literals. How do I produce a
combination of both?

Currently I'm using xml-to-string by Evan Lenz [2] to escape the XML
literals. I wonder if it can be modified to produce a canonical
version as well? There is $use-empty-syntax parameter that might help,
but there are many more rules in canonicalization, as far as I know.

Suggestions appreciated.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2004/03/trix/
[2] http://lenzconsulting.com/xml-to-string/

Martynas