Re: [xsl] Keys with duplicates should be simple

Subject: Re: [xsl] Keys with duplicates should be simple
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 19:28:54 +0000

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Dimitre Novatchev <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 9:16 AM, Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> For this, one could also say
>>
>> a[@href = (../a except .)/@href]
>

> Hi Wendell,
>
> I agree with every statement in your message.
>
> At the same time, I believe, that the OP wouldn't have posted the
> question in case he was allowed to use XSLT 2 -- as it is obvious that
> in XSLT 2 one should use the <xsl:for-each-group> instruction.
>
> In the unlikely case that someone is using XSLT 2 and still trying to
> use keys for grouping, this most probably means that such person isn't
> aware of the existence of the <xsl:for-each-group> instruction.

http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/201211/msg00170.html

OP is using XSLT 2. OP only wants to find what things have duplicates.
Thats not a grouping problem, it's a problem that a certain variant of
for-each-group happens to solve but it's not the simplest way of
solving it.