Re: [xsl] getting javascript into an xsl variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] getting javascript into an xsl variable
From: Michael Dykman <mdykman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 10:57:34 -0400

Dan,

I would be delighted.  The tool is 'Dexter'
http://code.google.com/p/dexter-xsl/  (In the process of moving it to
github).

To use dexter, you created a *well-formed* example of your output
document, ie. HTML with all tags closed, somthing that an XML
processor can groc.  To that document, attributes in the dexter
namespace (dx:each, dx:text, dx:ignore ...) can be added to elements
with XPath expressionx as values.  Using that now-modified example,
use dexter to generate XSLT-1.0 stylesheets.

The documentation has taken some criticism for not being well
laid/thought out.  Contact me off-list if you have any questions.  I
swear, this system is powerful and easy, no matter how poorly the
documentation reflects. Using this tool, I had a developer working
under my direction create a website with dozens of distinct, all using
in-browser XSLT and the developer having no knowledge  of XSLT, even
after the project was completed.

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@xxxxxxxxx