[xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:24:05 +0000

We are pleased to announce that Saxon-CE 1.1 is now available as an open source product. This is Saxonica's implementation of XSLT 2.0 for the browser.

Details are here: http://www.saxonica.com/ce/index.xml

If you haven't come across Saxon-CE, it's not only XSLT 2.0 running on the browser doing the kind of things you might have done with XSLT 1.0, but it's a complete programming language for web applications, doing all the things you would otherwise have needed to do in Javascript.

If you want to see the product in action, open the documentation, which is delivered as a Saxon-CE application. The documentation also gives background information about the design thinking behind the product and the way it was built.

We hope that by making this technology open source, we are removing one of the big obstacles to the use of XSLT 2.0, and indeed to the use of XML and XSLT on the web. We hope to see lots of exciting applications in the months ahead.

Michael Kay
Saxonica