Re: [xsl] XSLT 2013 survey

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2013 survey
From: Hank Ratzesberger <xml@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:49:15 -0800

Hello,

I would like to ask, digression or related, is,

 What applications exist that take advantage of XML/XSLT and the
related technologies?

DB2 and Oracle have extensive XML features, there are XForms
application servers, XML Pipeline libraries, SVG -- the list is
complete from persistence to rendering -- and altogether it is
possible to write a entire applications in markup languages with a
complete and consistent data model, especially if your content is
multi-language text.

Anyway, I agree that the issue is far broader than XSLT versions, but
this list may be the best target for those who need to utilize the
latest versions.

Well, back to work mapping SQL to objects to XML to HTML and then
manipulating that with JavaScript. ;)

Cheers,
Hank

On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 2:51 AM, Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Oh dear. My response to almost any survey is to say "you're asking the wrong
> questions".
>
> "Please rank the importance of each xslt version".
>
> You need to ask people how important it is to them or their employers, not
> how important they think it is to the world in general. Otherwise they are
> guessing the information you are trying to discover.
>
> You need to explain what you mean by "importance": it's about what the
> impact/value is, or is likely to be, on some timescale. What timescale?

[snip]