Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Section titles with icon: positoining

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Section titles with icon: positoining
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:52:03 -0000 (GMT)

On Wed, December 19, 2012 5:26 pm, Florent Georges wrote:
>   In XSL-FO, I have section titles represented as blocks, with
> underline using border-bottom, and a small icon at the beginning,
> using external-graphic (pointing to a PNG):
>
>     <fo:block font-size="14pt" border-bottom="solid 2pt">
>        <fo:external-graphic src="icon.png"/>
>        <fo:inline padding-left="5px">Lorem ipsum dolor...</fo:inline>
>     </fo:block>
>
>   The problem is, the picture is in the block, and underlined as well,
> at the same height as the text, while I'd like it to be "before the
> title", centered vertically on the couple text+underline.  Like in
> http://fgeorges.org/tmp/xsl-fo-icon-positioning.png.  For the vertical
> alignment, I can adjust it manually with a static value if it is not
> possible to vertically center it automatically.

1. You could put the border on the fo:inline (and extend the fo:inline to
the end of the line with a fo:leader inside it)

2. You could float the fo:external-graphic to the side with fo:float

3. You could use fo:list-block or fo:table and then use the
"relative-align" property and, probably, some playing with dominant
baselines to align the image and text as you want

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming