[xsl] Pearls of XSLT and XPath 3.0 Design

Subject: [xsl] Pearls of XSLT and XPath 3.0 Design
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 12:49:32 +0000

Hi Folks,

XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.0 contain a lot of powerful and exciting new
capabilities. The purpose of this paper is to highlight the new capabilities.

Have you got a pearl that you would like to share? Please send me an email and
I will add it to this paper (and credit you). I ask three things:

1.  The pearl highlights a capability that is new to XSLT 3.0 or XPath 3.0.
2.  Provide a short, complete, working stylesheet with a sample input
document.
3.  Provide a brief description of the code.

This is an evolving paper. As new pearls are found, they will be added.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1.	XPath 3.0 is a composable language
2.	Higher-order functions
3.	Partial functions