Re: [xsl] Replace content of element, then transform it...

Subject: Re: [xsl] Replace content of element, then transform it...
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 12:45:58 -0400

Hi Trond,

On 9/3/2012 3:36 AM, trond.huso@xxxxxx wrote:
Thanks for explaining the difference between this XSLT and the d-o-e.
I have referenced this XSLT-code into my transformation and, and when applying this and the rest to my code, the transformation works.
But then. These tests are controlled (as in the test files have been made by developers so they know what to expect from the file), so I am waiting for some from the real production to see if this really works or not.

Cool.

When you do try it on live data, you can expect that errors will be silent. That is, you won't get messages, you will only get defective output. (At least, that's my expectation based on not seeing any exception-handling logic when I glanced at it.)

If you know this will happen, you'll be better prepared to deal with it when it does. :-)

Cheers,
Wendell