Re: [xsl] [FO] image on even, table on odd, repeating image if the table is more than one page

Subject: Re: [xsl] [FO] image on even, table on odd, repeating image if the table is more than one page
From: Geert Bormans <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 10:54:56 +0200

Hi,
thanks for that suggestion.
I don't think that works in FOP, does it?
It is one of the first things I tried a couple of weeks back
and FOP seems to try to push at least the table header in the zero height region.
Could be a FOP issue.
Seems I have to abandon the idea of using FOP anyway
cheers

Geert

At 09:20 12/07/2012, you wrote:
Am 11.07.2012 13:32, schrieb Geert Bormans:
> I have a part list table that I need to show on the odd page of a PDF
> I have an image that goes with the part list, that I have to show on the
> even page.
> In case the table breaks over multiple pages, I need to keep the table
> on the odd pages only
> and I need to repeat the image on each opposite even page.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how to do this?

If you can define a page sequence for the part list, define a
page master alternative where the odd pages have the usual body region
dimensions, and the even pages define a body region with height zero
(or 0.0001cm in case the formatter pukes on a zero height body), and
put the image in the appropriately extended region-before.

J.Pietschmann