Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 09:33:08 -0400

At 2012-05-24 08:58 -0400, mlcook@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Ken Holman's diagram is the one I had seen before that summarized lots of info concisely. I'm sure I've seen it on xsl-list or somewhere else, but don't remember where.

I have restored on my web site the free excerpts of my books that I had created before establishing the "try and buy" policy.

The diagram is on page 72 of the free excerpt of my XSLT book found here:

http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#ptux-dl-prev

There is no need to delete the free excerpt of the book if you download it and decide not to buy the book itself. That way you can continue to refer to the diagram at any time. The "try and buy" policy only applies to the entire book.

In the free portion of my posted XSLT/XPath training video I talk briefly about the diagram starting at the 4 minute 12 second point of "Module 3 - Introduction (Lecture 1)" found through:

   http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy-ptux-online.htm
   (you do not have to create a Udemy account in order to view
   the free content; 5 hours are free, 19 hours are paid access)

... but watching it now I see I don't go into a lot of detail in the introduction ... I just talk about the drawing convention and I associate the drawing with the XML document at the top of the page.

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm