Re: [xsl] fo:inline baseline-shift that doesn't change line-height

Subject: Re: [xsl] fo:inline baseline-shift that doesn't change line-height
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 22:07:56 +0100 (IST)

On Tue, May 22, 2012 9:51 pm, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
> This is probably an easy answer, but how do you create an fo:inline
> with a shifted baseline that does not impact the characteristics of
> the existing line of text?  In other words, I want superscript text
> but I do not want the line height to increase to accommodate for the
> superscript.

line-height-shift-adjustment="disregard-shifts" [1] should do it.  As the
note in the property definition says, "This property can be used to
prevent superscript and subscript characters from disrupting the
line-spacing."

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl11/#line-height-shift-adjustment