Re: [xsl] XSLT contracts in London available...

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT contracts in London available...
From: ihe onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 01:15:38 +0100

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 3:09 PM, ihe onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> It is only fair that people know what they are stepping into. Plus
> certain things are being hinted.
>
> First of all, I sounded this warning because in addition to my
> experience, I spoke to a recruiter this morning who also had dealings
> with them. In this case the person they were trying to recruit turned
> them down even though they were out of work (obviously far smarter
> than yours truly). I don't know why the person turned them down but
> following that conversation, I would suggest you make the effort to
> peruse Brickendon's  filings at companies house and make sure you are
> comfortable.
>
> Lets start with getting paid.

Actually let me save you the effort because this will be the most
important for many of you.

As far as their accounts go, I have friends operating as sole
contractors  who have higher turnover.

They had 19k at the bank, when the accounts were filed and when I was
there they were running a team of 6.

You will have none of the security of the end-client.

Study your contract very carefully. There is ample scope of things
that could go wrong with the number and type of devs they placed
there. Don't just look at the notice clause. By now I would have been
on 4 weeks. If anything goes wrong on any link of the chain figure out
how you are going to get paid. I don't think they would have paid me
without the leverage I exerted and that was just including one days
notice (and the agency tried to not even pay that).

If you are already  in a job or have the option (like I did) of
accepting another role. Think very long and very hard before you act .

If after that all that you are still up for it  I would advise you
insist on being paid weekly.