Re: [xsl] key() now has 3 arguments ... right

Subject: Re: [xsl] key() now has 3 arguments ... right
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:59:40 +0100

On 25/04/2012 12:33, ihe onwuka wrote:
So if I had done the semantically equivalent

<xsl:template match="*[key('maindoc','Sal',$doc2)]"

it would have been ok.

You can use the three argument form there, but that is not semantically equivalent. It matches _every_ element if the key returns a node, and matches no element otherwise. To match nodes if they are returned by the key you need an expression using ancestor-or-self as I gave before or perhaps more directly:

<xsl:template match="*[some $k in key('maindoc','Sal',$doc2) satisfies (. is $k)]"

David

--
google plus: https:/profiles.google.com/d.p.carlisle