Re: [xsl] looking for Map like construct to store key/value pairs in variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] looking for Map like construct to store key/value pairs in variable
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:55:15 -0400

Dear Robby,

I imagine they will tell you the normal way to do this is to acquire or
construct a (temporary) tree, and then query that.

It's much more powerful than a hashmap because it can be arbitrarily
complex.

Whether it performs as well in XQuery, where xsl:key is not available to
indicate that an index is called for, will be an interesting question.
(But not on topic for this list. Unless it's threaded as a comparison
between the sisters.) In theory I suppose it should, inasmuch as this
sort of thing is what XQuery is for, but there are likely to be devils
in the details.

I have heard rumors of a hash-like data structure for 3.0.

Cheers,
Wendell