Re: [xsl] Alternate header for multi-page TOC pages

Subject: Re: [xsl] Alternate header for multi-page TOC pages
From: Philip Vallone <philip.vallone@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 14:05:26 -0500

Hi,

If you are using FOP .95 and above, you will need to use markers for your
"Table Continued". A marker needs to be placed in the table header:

 <fo:marker marker-class-name="table-cont">&#160;</fo:marker>

And a retrieve marker needs to go into your xsl-region-before(header).

<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="table-cont"
retrieve-position="first-including-carryover" retrieve-boundary="page"/>

I do consulting for this for a living. You need more detailed help, contact me
off list. I have this feature in all my FO- books

> On Mar 7, 2012, at 1:18 PM, Henry.D.Doby@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I have been unable to find an answer to my problem.  Either I'm using the
wrong search terms or it's not out there.

>> I'm trying to write an XSL that creates a different header for subsequent
pages of front matter.
>> Example:
>> First TOC page, header says TABLE OF CONTENTS and subsequent TOC pages say
TABLE OF CONTENTS (continued).  I'll need to do the same for
LISTS/FIGURES/TABLES/etc.

>> I tried with static-content and retrieve-marker, but could not figure out
how to differentiate between first and subsequent pages to call the different
marker.  It doesn't necessarily have to be static content (or even a header),
just figured that would be the most appropriate way to accomplish.

>> BTW, my content is in DocBook and I'm keying on the <title> tags to build
the TOC.  I'm using Apache FOP.