Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 2 processors
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 12:34:47 +0000

Does anyone know if PHP has it?
Sadly, not yet (except via the Java bridge). No recent news from the LIBX* project: http://www.explain.com.au/libx/. Perhaps Steve Ball found something else to do with his weekends. I think the days of hobbyist implementations of these technologies are past.
This posting sort of sums it up:

http://mail.explain.com.au/pipermail/libx/2011-September/000004.html

I don't think you can write an XSLT 2.0 processor and have an unrelated day job. Most of the coding for Saxon's XSLT 2.0 processor was done when I was employed by Software AG full time on standards work, and I was spending about half my time on the standards and half on Saxon, with the full encouragement of my employer. I think we can forget about this project unless it finds a sponsor.

Michael Kay
Saxonica