Re: [xsl] Merging elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Merging elements
From: Nic Gibson <nicg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 12:34:14 +0200

On 27 Oct 2011, at 11:18, Andrew Welch wrote:

>> I've been looking at the problem for too long and have a horribly complex
set of grouping statements that applied in a multiple mode stylesheet. I'm
convinced that there's a simpler way to do this but I think that I can't see
the wood for the trees. Does anyone have an elegant way to do this?

> Use 'sibling recursion', similar to the identity template but it
> traverses the following-sibling axis... then add a specific template
> for the span which does the grouping (by checking if the immediate
> following sibling element is also a span)

Thank you Andrew. I knew there was a good solution and that's it.

nic

--
Corbas Consulting
Digital Publishing Consultancy and Training