Re: [xsl] Muenchian troubles - only getting first group - I have my answer

Subject: Re: [xsl] Muenchian troubles - only getting first group - I have my answer
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 17:52:20 -0400

Have you considered abandoning the Muenchian approach and using the variable approach?

The Muenchian method works easily across the entire file, and as you say requires more convoluted values to work with subsets of the file. And it doesn't work when using a population of items across multiple files. But the variable method works for all cases: a subset of a file, an entire files and multiple files (though I never use it when the context is an entire file).

Over the years I've posted to this list a number of examples of grouping subsets of an instance by putting the population being grouped into a variable and then acting on the members found in that variable:

http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200401/msg00070.html
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200401/msg00342.html
http://www.biglist.com/lists/xsl-list/archives/200501/msg00548.html
http://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/200902/msg00303.html