RE: [xsl] Variable Substitution In A Select Statement

Subject: RE: [xsl] Variable Substitution In A Select Statement
From: Raymond Lillibridge <RLillibridge@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 17:20:22 +0000

David,

My XML input file is the resulting output from DIFFing two XML files.  My
$FileA variable is the 'old' file of the two being diffed.  I need to open
that file and then follow the "changed" xpath
(/book/level1[1]/level2[3]/section[5], for example) and then get that sections
@id value.  So, saxon:evaluate() is perfect.

$Axpath_new is the xpath string "/book/level1[1]/level2[3]/section[5]" in the
example above.
You showed me how I can combine "doc(C:/aaa/bbb/zzz.xml)" with a variable,
that is converted to a node from a string.  Valuable stuff, that.  I really
appreciate your help!

Cheers,
Raymond Lillibridge