RE: [xsl] Software

Subject: RE: [xsl] Software
From: "Ginny Wagner" <ginnywagner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 12:49:40 -0500

Thanks Graydon and Andrew.

>1. - Give oXygen more memory (google it) You will need at least 512m.

The memory was already cranked up to 1000.

I purchased the Users Manual on oXygen 12.1 and found a place for large
files and how to calculate and plan for them in the options on page 193
which I have now taken into account.

A probable problem was an Apple (iTunes) app I had recently installed that
purported to handle my iPhone stuff like uploading pics, etc. Turns out it
was always running in the background eating up memory (even though I had
changed its parameters to manual start and I hadn't started it) and updating
itself, etc. It had loaded several apps when I thought I was only getting a
simple one. I've uninstalled that now and my computer no longer grinds
constantly as it did and, more importantly, I can open my 26mb file and its
xsl file and perform the transformations without a problem. Don't know if
the solution was making the adjustments re the manual (which does say close
other files and, I would assume, other apps) before opening large files
which I did by getting rid of the monster iTunes app or resetting the params
in the options but I seem to be okay now.

Thank you so much for the code (which I have saved and will study) and
explanation ... when I have time to breathe again, will learn about some of
the terms you used such as "refactor your transform" and what is meant by
"streaming". Imagine they are in one of the several Kay books I purchased
and have just sped read for specific information or one of the two books by
Tennison I purchased and have just read for specifics as well.

Thanks,
Ginny Wagner