[xsl] Matching elements with specific multiple parents

Subject: [xsl] Matching elements with specific multiple parents
From: "David Lee" <dlee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2011 14:38:48 -0700

I'm trying to write a template match expression that matches an element only
if it is a child of (1 or more) parents.
Here's an example with 2 parents.
XML:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<parent>
	<child a="1">
		<child a="2"/>
	</child>
	<foo>
		<child a="3"/>
	</foo>
	<bar>
		<child a="4"/>
	</bar>
</parent>

XSLT:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"

	<xsl:template match="text()"/>

	<xsl:template match="child[node-name(..) = ( QName((),'foo') ,
QName((),'bar') )]">
		<child a="{@a}"/>
		<xsl:apply-templates select="*"/>
	</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

Result (correct)
<child a="3"/>
<child a="4"/>

-=--------------------------------------------------------------
This seems extremely verbose and inelegant but is the best I've come up
with.
I'd like something like
   match="(foo|bar)/child"

but of course that doesn't work.

Any suggestions on a simpler syntax then what I've come up with ?
Note that this is programmatically generated XSLT so I cant easily
hand-optimize simple cases, it needs to work in the 1-N case in a way that's
reasonably constructible programmatically.
My working example is straightforward to construct but it hurts my eyes.
Maybe its just my eyes that needs work :)

Thanks for any ideas

David A. Lee
dlee@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.xmlsh.org