Re: [xsl] strong typed variable with restriction ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] strong typed variable with restriction ?
From: Matthieu Ricaud-Dussarget <matthieu.ricaud@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 19:59:01 +0100

Sorry Michael, this mails stayed as draft, I've just seen that...
so a bit out of ..."hour"

Le 02/02/2011 14:49, Michael Kay a icrit :
No, that won't solve the problem. If the declared type of the function is element(), then the otherwise branch (whether explicit or implicit, whether executed or not) must return an element.
Yes I know that. It's not the best solution but when turning the function to element()* then it will be a way of simulating the "typed param" error instead of the processor.

(It's not like Java, where you can declare a function to return String, and still return null. If you want to allow a "null" return in XSLT, you need to declare the result as "xs:string?").
(I didn't know that point for java, but I knew it for xslt ;-) i'm a xslt developper more than any langage actually)

Thanks for your patience and pedagogie,

Matthieu.

--
Matthieu Ricaud