Re: [xsl] Do some elements contain strings from other elements?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Do some elements contain strings from other elements?
From: Martin Honnen <Martin.Honnen@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:25:55 +0100

W Charlton wrote:

I have the following XML.
<XML>
             <SplitNameList>
                         <SplitName>
                                     <GivenName>ANDREW</GivenName>
                                     <FamilyName>SMITH</FamilyName>
                         </SplitName>
                         <SplitName>
                                     <GivenName>DONALD</GivenName>
                                     <FamilyName>DUCK</FamilyName>
                         </SplitName>
             </SplitNameList>
             <FulNameList>
                         <FullName>DAVID JONES</FullName>
                         <FullName>ANDREW J SMITH</FullName>
                         <FullName>JOHN SMITH</FullName>
             </FulNameList>
</XML>

I need to know if any of the Family Names match in the two lists. Either of these two lists could be quite long and this is in the middle of a load of logic. All I need here is a True/False. It doesnbt have to be an exact match just as long as it matches the FamilyName.

<xsl:template match="SplitNameList">
<xsl:variable name="test">
<xsl:for-each select="SplitName/FamilyName">
<xsl:value-of select="boolean(/XML/FulNameList/FullName[contains(., current())])"/>
</xsl:for-each>
</xsl:variable>
<xsl:if test="contains($test, 'true')">..</xsl:if>

	Martin Honnen
	http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/