Re: [xsl] Variable value change based on condition

Subject: Re: [xsl] Variable value change based on condition
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 19:40:52 +0530

Hi Sudheshna,

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 7:25 PM, sudheshna iyer <sudheshnaiyer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have java program which I have to convert to xslt.

That looks a strange requirement. Why would you want to do that? Java
is an procedural (and OO) language -- and is general purpose, where
XSLT is functional / side-effect free language designed to transform
XML / text input to say XML, text & XHTML formats (which are well
known output targets of XSLT transformation).

We could also imagine, that there is tremendous impedance mismatch
between Java & XSLT. I personally don't see any point of mapping Java
syntax to XSLT syntax. Given application design normally uses Java and
XSLT in complementation.

Though Java has APIs (like an older TraX and I think most recent ones
like JAXP) to invoke XSLT transformation.

If you would like to explain the requirements little more to us, list
members here would be very pleased to help :)

Mukul Gandhi