[xsl] Variable value change based on condition

Subject: [xsl] Variable value change based on condition
From: sudheshna iyer <sudheshnaiyer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 02:39:13 -0700 (PDT)

I need a variable whose value can be changed based on the if conditions.

Eg:

I have 3 input variables (inputVar1, inputVar2, inputVar3) and 3 output variables (outputTempVar1, outputVar1, outputVar2)

I need to copy these input variables to output variables based on some condition.

Conditions:
If all the 3 input variables are present, map inputVar1 -> outputTempVar1, map inputVar2 -> outputVar1 and map inputVar3 -> outputVar2.

If there are only two input variables present (inputVar1, inputVar2), map inputVar1 -> outputVar1 and map inputVar2 -> outputVar1.

If there is only one input variable is present (inputVar1), map inputVar1 -> outputVar1.

So output variables get their values based on input variable's presence (not empty).

So can I change the value of the output variable? How can I achieve the above in xslt 1.0.