Re: [xsl] Start another XSLT processor from within an executing XSLT transform?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Start another XSLT processor from within an executing XSLT transform?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 10:53:57 +0100

On 01/10/2010 10:39 AM, Costello, Roger L. wrote:
Hi Folks,

Suppose there is Book.xsl on machine A. I invoke an XSLT processor with Book.xsl and an input XML document. I want to have some code within Book.xsl such that when it is executed it will result in invoking an XSLT processor on machine B with Magazine.xsl and an input XML document. Thus there are two XSLT processors and two XSLT transforms executing simultaneously on two machines.

What code can I insert into Book.xsl to do this?

/Roger

Try setting up an HTTP service on machine 2 that can accept requests to perform XSLT transformations, and then invoking this from your transformation running on machine 1 using the EXPath extensions for issuing HTTP requests.

Or if you want to use pure XSLT, you could package up the transformation request as a URI, for example

http://transform.service.com/?xml=....&xsl=....

and then pass that URI to the document() function, having configured your XSLT processor (eg. by means of a URIResolver) so that it understands what to do with this URI.

Michael Kay
Saxonica