Re: [xsl] Question on duplicate node elimination

Subject: Re: [xsl] Question on duplicate node elimination
From: Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt <STAMMW@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:55:08 +0200

Alain,

XSLTForms is really cool, I like especially xpath.xml.

> Can you please send me the corresponding test files so I can have an idea
at what is missing in XSLTForms?

I just added this to the "Node-set" tab of "XPath Functions":
        <xf:output value="count(/data/item/..)">
                <xf:label>count(/data/item/..)
                = </xf:label>
                <xf:help>duplicate elimination test.
                </xf:help>
        </xf:output>

It returns 3 and the correct output should be 1.

That was the reason for my statement:
> >XPath expressions and it turned out that this XPath evaluator is not
able
> >to do duplicate node elimination as well.

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

>In posting [5] I learned that XSLTForm project has its own built in (not
>complete) XPath evaluator. Editing file xpath.xml allows to test some
>XPath expressions and it turned out that this XPath evaluator is not able
>to do duplicate node elimination as well.

Can you please send me the corresponding test files so I can have an idea
at what is missing in XSLTForms?

Thanks!

-Alain