RE: [xsl] Calculating Column Total

Subject: RE: [xsl] Calculating Column Total
From: Shashank Jain <shashankjain@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:13:24 -0500

All,

It looks like I have made it look very simple.
Actually the variable "Num_Docs_Missing" perform some calculation and from
there I get different values.

<xsl:template match="/">

        <xsl:value-of select="fns:sumMissing_
template(event)"/>

 </xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="fns:sumMissing_template">

  <xsl:param name="everyEvent" as="element()*"/>

    <xsl:variable name="Num_Docs_Missing">

         <xsl:choose>

                <xsl:when test="@complete='Y'">

                    *****Some Calculations**********

                </xsl:when>

                <xsl:otherwise>

                      *****Some Calculations**********

                </xsl:otherwise>

         </xsl:choose>

    </xsl:variable>

<xsl:sequence select="sum(for $x in $everyEvent
return($Num_Docs_Missing))"/>

</xsl:function>

Thanks again.
Shashank

> From: shashankjain@xxxxxxxx
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2010 19:57:12 -0500
> Subject: RE: [xsl] Calculating Column Total
>

> All,

I am stuck in calculating total of another column.

My XML is

<data>

<event_template sp_doctypes="Research Note, Prior Stock Report, Stock
 Report">

      <event  complete='Y' />

      <event  complete='N' />

  </event_template>

  <event_template sp_doctypes=" Prior Stock Report, Stock Report">

      <event  complete='Y' />

      <event  complete='N' />

      <event  complete='N' />

      <event  complete='Y' />

</event_template>

</data>

This is the xsl I am using

<xsl:template match="/">

        <xsl:value-of select="fns:sumMissing_template(event)"/>

 </xsl:template>

<xsl:function name="fns:sumMissing_template">

  <xsl:param name="everyEvent" as="element()*"/>

    <xsl:variable name="Num_Docs_Missing">

         <xsl:choose>

                <xsl:when test="@complete='Y'">

                    <xsl:value-of select="0"/>

                </xsl:when>

                <xsl:otherwise>

                     <xsl:value-of select="1"/>

                </xsl:otherwise>

         </xsl:choose>

    </xsl:variable>

<xsl:sequence select="sum(for $x in $everyEvent
return($Num_Docs_Missing))"/>

</xsl:function>

I am trying to calculate the sum of $Num_Docs_Missing for all the
events.

Please let me know where I am doing wrong.

Thanks

Shashank

>> From: shashankjain@xxxxxxxx
>> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 07:30:06 -0500
>> Subject: RE: [xsl] Calculating Column Total
>>

>> Thanks a lot Mukul.
>>
>> Its working.
>>
>> Shashank
>>
>>> From: gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx
>>> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:07:54 +0530
>>> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>> Subject: Re: [xsl] Calculating Column Total
>>>
>>> you may write a XSLT function as following, for this need:
>>>

>>> and call it as following:
>>>

>>> PS: this is not tested.

>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Mukul Gandhi

>> Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your
inbox.

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_2

inbox.