Re: [xsl] [string to node]

Subject: Re: [xsl] [string to node]
From: ac <ac@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 02:33:50 -0500

Hi Aditya,

You declare "test-phone" but only use "temp-phone" so I assume that this is a typo.

You do not initialize it either, so I will assume that it holds a string.

What kind of node are you trying to convert your string to, element, attribute, text? Why?

Your code does not use count() so I am trying to guess how you hope to use it ...

What is it that you are trying to count? a string is atomic so there is one.

If you are looking for the number of characters that the string has, you could use string-length($temp-phone).

If the string is tokenizable and you wish to count the tokens, you should probably tokenize it first, somehow. How are tokens defined?

We may need more information on what you are trying to do to have a chance of better helping you. At least I do.

Cheers,
ac

Hello,
I am looking to convert a string to a single node type. Using Xalan C
1.10 processor.

for eg:

<xsl:variable name="test-phone">
<xsl:choose>
  <xsl:when test="($tempPhone) and ($tempPhone!= 'Visit Web Site') and
($tempPhone!= 'All') and ($tempPhone!= 'A') and ($tempPhone!= 'B')">
   <xsl:value-of select="normalize-space($tempPhone)"/>
  </xsl:when>
  <xsl:otherwise>
    <xsl:value-of select="//ads"/>
  </xsl:otherwise>
</xsl:choose>
</xsl:variable>

What I have in test-phone is a string. on which I cannot use count($test-phone).

What is the best way to have the count() ? I am trying to get a node
from the string, that would work.

Thanks in advance,
Aditya Sakhuja