Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API

Subject: Re: [xsl] Client-side cross-platform API
From: "Eric J. Bowman" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 04:31:34 -0700

Michael Dykman wrote:

> BTW: I have enjoyed this thread knowing that I am not the only one
> pushing XSL in the browser.  Does anyone other than me think it's a
> good idea to start a dedicated list for this domain?  The discussions
> on this list tend to center on XSL 2.0 and discussions of browser
> quirks and the like are generally considered off-topic.

+1.  I can't for the life of me figure out my problem, but it's
obviously nothing I've done wrong in my XSLT code, which works in every
browser I've tested it in.  Depending on how it's called?

http://charger.bisonsystems.net/xmltest/index.xht (javascript)
http://charger.bisonsystems.net/xmltest/test.xht (xml-stylesheet)
http://charger.bisonsystems.net/xmltest/xsl/ (has text/plain variants)

It's the same *%&#^!@ code either way.  If anything, I'd expect Opera
and WebKit to agree, seeing as how they're both libxslt.  Firefox just
works, Opera only works when XSLT is called by Javascript, WebKit only
works when an xml-stylesheet PI is used...

So my question is basically "WTF?" but there's really nowhere to ask it.

-Eric