re: [xsl] How can I achieve correct tail-recursion ?

Subject: re: [xsl] How can I achieve correct tail-recursion ?
From: "Vladimir Nesterovsky" <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 07:55:56 -0800

> Hello, I'm using SaxonHE 9.2 with a layout sheet for braille output. I
> need to process every child of node "doc" while remembering line and
> page numbers for each child I process. Here's the sub-part of the
> sheet ("doc" is the root of my document) :

You may try to avoid tracing numbers in template parameters.
If your numbering depends on one level of nesting (doc/children) then
you may use context position to derive the numbers.
If numbers depend on multilevel nesting then something like
  count(preceding::*) + count(ancestor-or-self::*) - 1
can be used to get numbers.
--
Vladimir Nesterovsky
http://www.nesterovsky-bros.com/