RE: [xsl] sorting a table based on first column which contains both numbers and words

Subject: RE: [xsl] sorting a table based on first column which contains both numbers and words
From: "Michael Kay" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:30:42 -0000

But the default sort will put 10 before 2. If you don't want that you could
do

<xsl:sort select="td" data-type="number"/>
<xsl:sort select="td" data-type="text"/>

i.e. two apparently separate sort keys - if they aren't distinguishable as
numbers (both convert to NaN) then they will be sorted as strings.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay